Ngene is designed to be the single source of stated choice (SC) experimental designs. As such, it has
an extensive range of features and outputs.
With Ngene you can:
Specify designs with great flexibility:
- Generate designs with any number of choice situations, alternatives, attributes and attribute levels.
- Maintain attribute level balance, or specify that an attribute must occur an exact number of times or between a minimum and maximum number of times.
- Dummy and effects code attributes.
- Specify logical rules to limit what attribute levels can coexist in a choice situation.
- Interrogate design level correlations as calculated using a range of correlation formulas (Pearson product moment, G index, J index, Spearman rank, Point biserial, CP coefficient, H index).
Generate full and fractional factorial designs.
Generate orthogonal designs:
- Maintain orthogonality either across or within alternatives.
- Obtain orthogonal designs for a very large range of design dimensions.
- Add blocking and foldover columns.
- Generate optimal orthogonal in the differences designs.
- Find the most efficient orthogonal design.
Generate efficient designs:
- Report and optimize on efficiency measures including d, a, s (sample size), b (utility balance), and wtp (willingness to pay).
- Report and optimize on efficiency measures for multinomial logit (MNL) models, mixed multinomial logit (MMNL) models (panel and cross sectional) and error components (EC) models (panel and cross sectional).
- Account for prior uncertainty with normally and uniformly distributed Bayesian priors.
- Report and optimize on the Bayesian mean, median, minimum, maximum and standard deviation.
- Draw Bayesian and random parameter distributions with random, Halton, Sobol and MLHS draws, as well as Gaussian quadrature.
- Optimize on more than one model and error measure type using model averaging.
- Search for efficient designs using the pair swapping, RSC and modified Federov algorithms.
- Report utilities, probabilities, the Fisher matrix and the covariance matrix for each model type.
Generate formatted HTML mockups:
- Format the scenarios by placing design levels, text and radio buttons wherever you like within a table.
- Format or relabel design levels for presentation.
- Apply cascading style sheets (CSS) to instantly modify the appearance of the formatted scenarios (CSS files included, or create you own).
- View the mockups directly within Ngene.
Interact with a modern user interface that maximizes flexibility:
- Open and evaluate existing data files and designs.
- Open files independently in the workspace or maintain syntax, data and output files within a project.
- Retain all syntax runs and associated outputs during a session.
- Interrogate any design found during a search.
- Report design properties as needed - no need to decide what to report before the syntax runs, and no calculation of unnecessary properties during the search.
- Easily view any number of user selected design properties in a grid, and copy directly to other applications including Excel.
and do much more...