Importing Ngene design into Qualtrics

This forum is for posts that specifically focus on Ngene.

Moderators: Andrew Collins, Michiel Bliemer, johnr

Importing Ngene design into Qualtrics

Postby annrat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 am

Hi Michiel

I've now completed my DCE design in Ngene and understand I can import this design into Qualtrics.
I completed the DCA course at USYD in 2019. My notes suggest that you can recode data from Ngene to Excel and then import it into Qualtrics. Are you able to provide more detail on how to do this?

I read a previous post 18 Feb 2021 on this forum about this topic but just wanted some clarity on steps.

"The choice-based conjoint module of Qualtrics uses an Excel spreadsheet I believe so you will need to copy the design matrix from Ngene into Excel and put it in the format that Qualtrics expects. This usually means renumbering levels (starting with 0 or with 1) and/or rearranging columns."

Thanks for your help,
Ann
annrat

Re: Importing Ngene design into Qualtrics

Postby Michiel Bliemer » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:12 am

Hi Ann,

To conduct choice experiments in Qualtrics you will need the CBC (choice-based conjoint) module. I have never used this module myself, but I have seen a demonstration in which you define the various attributes and levels in Qualtrics and import the design via a spreadsheet. This module often does not come standard with Qualtrics, you may need to pay a fee (a few years ago they offered it to me for around $10,000). I suggest that you contact the Qualtrics representative in your country and ask for a demonstration/quote.

If you are looking for software that can read in Ngene designs without the need to pay extra then i recommend SurveyEngine.

Michiel
Michiel Bliemer

Return to Choice experiments - Ngene