converting to PDF

This forum is for posts that specifically focus on Ngene.

Moderators: Andrew Collins, Michiel Bliemer, johnr

converting to PDF

Postby riedel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:11 am

I have created a DCE questionnaire with the goal to implement a paper survey. My elderly patient population is not condusive to a web based survey (therfore, the HTML is not very helpful). When I right click on my Design, Formatted Scenario, Display screen and select Convert to Adobe PDF nothing happens. And just printing the design page does not work either because the page breaks occur in the midst of the scenarios. What is the best way to creat a paper based survey?
riedel

Re: converting to PDF

Postby Andrew Collins » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:41 am

The HTML is displayed in Ngene via an embedded Internet Explorer browser. As this is updated, so too are some of the IE features, and the Convert to Adobe PDF appears to be one of them. We did not envisage using the PDF feature, in fact I was unaware of its existence! If it is a simple fix, I'll put this in the next point release, but it is not a priority for us.

In any case, the PDF is likely to cause the problems with breaks also. My suggestion is to copy the HTML tables into Word or similar, and then position them so they don't span pages, add any other questions you want to ask, instructions, etc.

Andrew
Andrew Collins

Return to Choice experiments - Ngene