Export Ngene Syntax file as a Rich Text Format

This forum is for posts that specifically focus on Ngene.

Moderators: Andrew Collins, Michiel Bliemer, johnr

Export Ngene Syntax file as a Rich Text Format

Postby neeraj85 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi,
First of all, I would like to thank the entire Ngene team for providing a great experimental design software, an easy to understand user's manual and such a quick and responsive forum.
I successfully completed the Stated Choice study for my thesis and the results look good.
I am currently documenting the entire exercise, which makes me ask the following question.

Is there a way I can copy the Ngene syntax and paste it in as rich text format in MS word?

I tried setting different languages (like C++, Javascript, Matlab, etc.) on the Ngene syntax file in Notepad++, but the resulting syntax was not looking good.

What I want is a syntax file which uses different colours to represent commented and active lines.

Is there a way to accomplish this?
Also, what is the usual practice while including the Ngene syntax in MS word?

Thanks.
neeraj85

Re: Export Ngene Syntax file as a Rich Text Format

Postby Andrew Collins » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:24 am

Hi

This should be quite straightforward: paste the text into Word, use a fixed width font like Courier New, then set colours as you prefer. The fixed width fonts make things align nicely, and I also have a strong preference for trying to line up the utility expressions where possible, so that for example if there are the same attributes across alternatives, the attributes and their associated parameters align vertically. This helps the reader process the structure of the model more quickly.

Andrew
Andrew Collins

Re: Export Ngene Syntax file as a Rich Text Format

Postby neeraj85 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:45 am

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the suggestion :)
neeraj85

Return to Choice experiments - Ngene