BWS Case 3 design in Ngene?

This forum is for posts that specifically focus on Ngene.

Moderators: Andrew Collins, Michiel Bliemer, johnr

BWS Case 3 design in Ngene?

Postby Andrew » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi,

I knew it was intended to implement the option to create BWS Case 3 designs in any future Ngene version. Is there any update on the topic?
So far, for surveys with best-worst choice tasks we use designs optimized for best choices.

Thank you!
Andrew
Andrew

Re: BWS Case 3 design in Ngene?

Postby Michiel Bliemer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:38 am

HI Andrew,

Best-worse case 3 is scheduled for implementation in Ngene 2.0, together with several other major features. We do not have a firm timeline yet, but we aim for release next year.

Michiel
Michiel Bliemer

Postby Andrew » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Dear Michiel,
thank you very much for the fast response.

I'd like to ask a follow up-question: We are about to create a design for a BWS case 3 using an efficient design for best-choices. There is 1 out of 4 attributes which levels will probably have the main attention of the participants. We want to use an overlap design for this specific attribute to force trade-offs between the remaining attributes. I guess we can use new the Ngene version 1.2 and do not need the special build 1.12b with canditate sets to control the amount of overlaps.
Do you think there could be any problem/disturbance using overlaps for a BWS case 3 design?

Kind regards,
Andrew
Andrew

Postby Michiel Bliemer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 am

Hi Andrew,

Yes you can use the new Ngene 1.3 and read in an external candidate set.
I do not see any issues in using overlap between attributes for BWS case 3 since you will always be trading off on attributes that are non-overlapping.

Michiel
Michiel Bliemer

Return to Choice experiments - Ngene