some questions about forum

This forum is for posts that specifically focus on Ngene.

Moderators: Andrew Collins, Michiel Bliemer, johnr

some questions about forum

Postby xiaojin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:52 pm

When I want to ask questions on forum, I always get an error, but I'm not sure what the problem is. I want to seek help from forum, thank you very much. As shown below:

"SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xEF\xBC\x9A\x0AI\xE2...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists."
xiaojin

Re: some questions about forum

Postby Michiel Bliemer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:07 am

Hi,

I have not heard of this before. Clearly you were able to post this message, so posting is working. Perhaps there are some characters in your text that it prevents you from posting? Are you using plain text (and not copied from other sources)? Are there any strange symbols in your text? Or do you get the error immediately after you create a new message (before posting)?

Michiel
Michiel Bliemer

Postby admin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am

There may be some characters in the message you are posting that are not compatible with the forum software. Can you please email me at contact@choice-metrics.com with the text you want to post? I can then investigate.

Andrew
admin
Site Admin

Postby xiaojin » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Thank you very much! This problem has been solved. It is my fault. Thank you again.
xiaojin

Return to Choice experiments - Ngene