Design for a Me Too

This forum is for posts that specifically focus on Ngene.

Moderators: Andrew Collins, Michiel Bliemer, johnr

Design for a Me Too

Postby mires » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 am

Hi all

I'd like to build a design for a look like me too issue. That is some subset of the alternatives have the same values of several attributes but must have differrent values on a last one (ie, same bus but 1hour later or next day)..
How can I build such design using Ngene?

Best regards
Naji
mires

Re: Design for a Me Too

Postby johnr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:06 am

Hi Naji

I wasn't aware that anyone else was doing this type of design. I did a similar design in 2004 to examine bushfire evacuation timings.

Alsnih, R., Rose, J.M. and Stopher, P.R. (2005) Understanding household evacuation decisions using a stated choice survey: Case Study of Bush Fires, 84th Annual Meeting of the Transport Research Board, January.

Stopher, P., Alsnih, R. and Rose, J.M. (2005) Developing a decision-support system for emergency evacuation - Case study of bush fires, 84th Annual Meeting of the Transport Research Board, January.

Alsnih, R., Rose, J.M. and Stopher, P. (2004) Dynamic Travel Demand for Emergency Evacuation: The Case of Bushfires, 27th Australasian Transport Research Forum, Adelaide, September.

At the time, I used a simple orthogonal design. I haven't seen anything since similar so we never implemented anything along these lines in Ngene.

John
johnr

Re: Design for a Me Too

Postby mires » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer.. I think that issue is situationnal, so it can be hardly implemented in a survey..
Is it possible to share the example? I'll make an attempt for those articles... Thanks a lot for these references

Best regards
Naji
mires

Return to Choice experiments - Ngene