analyzing jointly sequential choice experiments

This forum is for posts covering broader stated choice experimental design issues.

Moderators: Andrew Collins, Michiel Bliemer, johnr

analyzing jointly sequential choice experiments

Postby izakro » Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:51 am

Dear all,
In a study aimed at understanding public preferences towards treating oil/gas leaks from offshore drilling rigs, we designed two scenarios:

Coastal Leaks: Includes 4 menus of 3 alternatives relating to leaks that affect the coast. Two menus describe the results of different treatments with respect to the reduced scope of damage and reduced limitation on coastal leisure activities as a result of the treatment, including the annual cost. The third alternative describes the status quo, with no treatment.

Continental Shelf Leaks: Includes 4 menus of 3 alternatives relating to leaks that affect the continental shelf. Similarly, two menus describe the results of different treatments with respect to the reduced scope of damage and reduced limitation on fishing activities in the sea as a result of the treatment, including the annual cost. The third alternative describes the status quo.

I am wondering if there is any way to analyze the results of the two scenarios jointly. Specifically, we can distinguish between four choice options:
(1) Inner solution in both coast and continental shelf
(2) Inner solution in coast and status quo in continental shelf
(3) Inner solution in continental shelf and status quo in coast
(4) Status quo in both coast and continental shelf
The two inner solutions can be aggregated into one alternative using the average of attribute levels or similar methods. I am not sure if this makes sense, but I am looking for guidance on how to exploit the full data jointly.
Thanks,
Rotem
izakro

Return to Choice experiments - general